Chanakya, the Indian Scholar said “Before you start some work, ask 3 questions.
- Why am I doing it?
- What the results might be?
- Will I be successful?
Think deeply and go ahead only if you find satisfactory answers”. Being a Product Owner is exactly answering Chanakya's questions while building a Product or Service.
What’s a Product? A Product is something that you build to help your customers solve a Problem or achieve certain goal.
What’s Value? Value is when an end user who buys your product or service is able to achieve the goal that they intended to achieve using your Product or Service.
Who is Product Owner? A Product owner is someone who understands the customers who buy the product, end users who use the product and sponsors who invests in the product and prioritizes the work done by the development team to maximize the value of money and time spent by them (Customers, end users and sponsors).
This 2-day course enables participants to understand the role of a Product Owner and few tips and techniques to maximize the value of work done as part of product development.
Who is Product Owner ?
A product Owner is someone who is responsible for maximizing the value of product built by Scrum Team.
A product Owner is responsible for building a Product that
- meets or exceeds the needs of end users even if they are not fully aware of their needs.
- meets of exceeds the economical needs of the buyers.
- meets revenue and margin goals of the sponsors/company.
- Define feature set and Collaborate with development team to deliver a product that meets the needs of users, buyers and sponsors.
Product Owner is a role but the titles may vary from Product Manager to CTO . A passionate product Owner ends up being an entrepreneur running their own company.