FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CSM CERTIFICATE
There are three steps to CSM certificate.
First: Learn Scrum. This workshop is meant for learning Scrum.
Second: Pass the trainer’s assessment to make sure that you understand the Scrum as envisioned by creators of Scrum.
- You will go through couple of assessments during workshop and there will be an online pre-CSM assessment (10 questions, subjective) as well, which you need to finish in 2 days. We will send you a pre-CSM assessment link immediately after the workshop.
- Once complete this assessment, your final CSM test will be enabled.
- You will receive an email from Scrum Alliance with your user id. There will be a link to activate your account just below the user id. Activate your account and setup password for your account.
- You can take the test anytime within 90 days from the day of the workshop.
- CSM test is of 35 questions. It will be for 1 hour. You need answer 24 questions right to pass the test.
- You will get the results immediately. It shows the answers for the questions you answered wrong.
- Once you are done with the test, login to www.scrumalliance.org with your credentials, setup your membership profile, go to dashboard (right most top corner) and accept license agreement.
- Go to dashboard again and download your certificate. Make sure that you check your name is correct and fix it before generating the certificate.
It will take atleast 2 days to receive the link for CSM test from Scrum Alliance. The trainer will enable your CSM test only after reviewing your assesment.
You don’t have to go to any prometric center. CSM test is open-book and open-browser test. You can take the CSM test from anywhere in the world, from your home or office.
If the internet breaks, the work will be saved and clock will stop. So you can close the browser and start the test again by logging into your Scrum Alliance account. Your test will start from where you left.
There are two attempts included in the fee that you have paid for the workshop. There are two more attempts at $25 per attempt. All in all, there are four attempts.
The certificate is valid for two years. You can renew the certificate by paying $100 from your Scrum Alliance Dashboard. You don’t have to undergo any more training or test.